National Recycling Day takes place on November 15 in the USA. This is an important day for everyone: our planet suffers daily from industrial waste pollution. People can reduce the negative impact if they unite and learn all the necessary information. The date is perfect for this!
National Day was conceived back in 1997. Starting in 2009, he moved to the official level at the initiative of the Keep America Beautiful Foundation. Its goal is to encourage Americans to take part in recycling with the hope that everyone will apply knowledge every day to help save the environment. Cans, bottles, plastic – all this requires recycling.
The good news is that over the years the business has become more popular. Compared to 1960, recycling was only 7%, today this figure has increased to 32%. The world hopes that in the future it will approach its maximum. Keep America Beautiful offers many programs in the field – one of them [email protected], which allows you to process waste directly at the workplace.
- about a million birds and a hundred thousand animals die from plastic every year;
- the amount of energy spent on the production of 1 bottle is enough to process 10 pieces;
- 1,5 tons of garbage found on Everest, mostly abandoned oxygen cylinders;
- the most common waste on earth is a cigarette butt;
- 130 computers and twice as many cell phones are thrown away every day in the US.
How to celebrate
It is easy to join the holiday – get into the habit of recycling the necessary waste, sorting garbage, holding events on the subject. Find out about the events taking place in your city and be sure to visit them. Invite your friends!
When is National Recycling Day celebrated in 2022?
National Recycling Day is observed on November 15 each year.