National Raisin Bran Cereal Day is celebrated on November 14 in the USA and is dedicated to popular cereals – sources of fiber that a living organism needs. This is a great date to enjoy the taste of the dish and learn a little more about it.
The origin of National Raisin Bran Cereal Day is unknown, however the story of the appearance of raisin bran dates back to 1925 when the largest pasta firm Skinner Manufacturing Company introduced the world’s first pack of the product. Bran flakes had been around since 1915, but Skinner created the bran blend. Since then, the dish has become a popular breakfast item.
In 1942, competitors began to produce products with similar names and Skinner went to court. The law was not on their side as they were told that there was nothing revolutionary in cereal flakes, and thus any entrepreneur can call a line that way.
- Saddam Hussein, imprisoned in an American prison, was very fond of this breakfast dish.
- In the UK and Australia, products are called Sultan Bran, because they are made from grapes of the same name.
- Raisin bran is easy to use to make pancakes, cookies, biscuits, bread, cinnamon rolls, etc.
- The dish is very healthy – it contains a minimum of fat and cholesterol, and can reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Scientists claim that food can make a person happy.
How to take part
National Raisin Bran Cereal Day is the perfect occasion to prepare your favorite recipe and enjoy the taste. Invite friends and loved ones to treat them. You can also present a box of cereal to a loved one or just a friend.
When is National Raisin Bran Cereal Day Celebrated in 2023?
National Raisin Bran Cereal Day is devoted to celebrating cheerfulness and fun. It happens annually on November the 15th.