National Oatmeal Day takes place on October 29 in the US and celebrates a healthy product that many people love. This is a versatile dish! It is easy and convenient to prepare, you can add various toppings, use it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Since ancient times, oats have been a versatile food in many cultures. It is believed that in ancient China it was cultivated as early as 7000 BC. He also reached North America and made it clear to the population that delicious food can be prepared in a matter of minutes. Research shows that 80% of Americans have a supply of oatmeal for all occasions.
The dish is rich in fiber, so its use gives a person energy and satiety for a long time. Also, fiber slows down the process of glucose uptake – this means that a person will avoid a decrease and increase in blood sugar. Oats are now also used to feed horses.
In Scotland, the product is also revered. It has been growing in their country for centuries and is in great demand! Areas of the country are ideal for grain due to high humidity and low temperatures.
Fascinating moments about oatmeal:
- does not contain gluten and gluten, ideal for people suffering from celiac disease;
- high in antioxidants that protect against inflammation;
- stands on the protection of the heart and blood vessels;
- controls blood sugar levels, stabilizing it;
- ideal for dealing with constipation;
- has a beneficial effect on the formation of the skeletal system due to the high content of phosphorus and calcium;
- have contraindications for renal failure;
- You can use it at least every day – it does not carry any danger.
How to celebrate
Make oatmeal for National Day! Try different variations – look at existing recipes. Share the cooking method with your friends. Post beautiful food photos!
When is National Oatmeal Day celebrated in 2022?
National Oatmeal Day is observed on October 29 each year.