Cook the dishes on National Noodle Day for an amazing journey on a food tour dedicated to this dish! Who doesn’t love noodles? According to our data, it is difficult to find such people. Therefore, we invite you to join the American holiday and celebrate it properly!
Noodles have been around for over 4000 years and delight people around the world with their versatility. It is made from buckwheat, rice, wheat and even zucchini. Food contains a large amount of healthy carbohydrates that saturate the human body. Surely you experienced a surge of energy after dinner and noted that hunger does not occur for a long time.
The first mention of the dish goes to China in the 3rd century BC. Then it was formed into small pieces and went into boiling water. Most often made from bread dough. It is rather difficult to find other facts of existence, although historians believe that it appeared even earlier.
Its diversity is discouraging: in Italy – lasagna with bechamel sauce, in China – the thinnest products called la mian, in Japan – soba. Completely different dishes belong to the same species! And we have not listed all the cultures that prepare it.
- The American Pasta Association has estimated that there are currently about 600 product forms;
- the largest plate of pasta set a Guinness world record – the weight of the dish was 7900 kg. Country – Poland;
- Italy holds the record for eating noodles. One person accounts for up to 24 kg of pasta per year;
- eating products with your hands is a bad form. Previously, they were served without sauces, so people did not take cutlery in their hands;
- eating noodles makes a person happy!
How to celebrate
Ideas for National Day: Eat your favorite dish, treat others. Cook according to an unusual recipe – time to fantasize! Go to a restaurant and try a variety of noodles that you haven’t eaten before. Share proven recipes on social networks so that everyone knows about your culinary skills!
When is National Noodle Day in 2022?
National Noodle Day is observed on October 6 each year.