Does your car have a name? If not, then National Name Your Car Day is the perfect time to come up with a suitable moniker for your beloved vehicle! This fun ritual unites car owners from all over the world, with many believing that you don’t truly love your car until you give it a name.
The founder of this special day remains unknown, but it’s likely that they treated their car with great tenderness! After all, we spend so much of our day with our cars – travelling to work, exploring the city, or simply listening to the radio. It’s no wonder that our vehicles have become such an important part of our lives.
When we give our cars a name, it’s almost like they become animated, a silent friend that we can trust, even confide in on long journeys. For some, this can even be a reassuring feeling – particularly for new drivers.
- Over one billion cars are operated worldwide.
- The first recorded car accident happened in 1891 in the USA, Ohio.
- Even horse-drawn carts had license plates.
- Luxemburg has some of the most congested roads in the world.
- Finland has a unique system of fines that is dependent on an offender’s income.
- In 1980, a 200 km traffic jam was recorded between Paris and Leon.
- The fastest Hawaiian Eagle truck (fire engine) has a top speed of 655 km/h.
How to take part
The first step on National Name Your Car Day is of course to come up with a suitable name for your car! You can do this yourself or search the Internet for inspiration. After that, inspect your vehicle, make any necessary repairs, take it to the car wash, and clean out all the dirt. Treat your car with care, and it will repay you with its full dedication!
When is National Name Your Car Day in 2023?
National Name Your Car Day is observed on October 2 each year.