Does your car have a name? Not? Come up with it on National Name Your Car Day! A fun ritual unites car owners from all over the world. As the saying goes, you don’t really love your car if you don’t call it by its name.
The founder of the holiday has not been found, but we are sure that he treated his personal vehicle with great tenderness! It’s definitely worth being like this person, because we spend most of the day with a car: we drive to work, travel, drive around the city and just listen to the radio alone. It is not surprising that transport has become a part of life.
When we call a car by name, it seems that it is not just metal, but an animated object that is our silent friend. Many drivers talk to their cars on long trips so they don’t feel lonely. For some, this technique helps to relax and feel safe – especially for people who have recently received a driving license.
It is curious that:
- more than 1 billion cars are operated on the planet;
- the first catastrophic accident occurred in 1891 in the USA, Ohio;
- license plates were also in horse-drawn carts;
- the most congested roads in Luxenburg;
- offenders in Finland pay different fines – the amount depends on the person’s income;
- between Paris and Leon in 1980 a 200 km traffic jam was recorded;
- The fastest Hawaiian Eagle truck (fire engine) has a top speed of 655 km/h.
How to celebrate
You know what the first thing to do on a holiday is to come up with a suitable name for your car. You can do it yourself or spy on the Internet: there are whole methods of choice! Inspect the vehicle, fix the flaws, take a ride to the car wash, clean out all the dirt. Treat him with care, and then he will respond with full dedication!
When is National Name Your Car Day in 2022?
National Name Your Car Day is observed on October 2 each year.