The drink loved by many has its own holiday – Kool-Aid Day! Every year the organizers come up with a new theme: in 2022 it is Mangonificent. Celebrate the day in Nebraska. Anyone can take part!
Kool-Aid is a soft drink from Nebraska. It was created by Edwin Perkins, a very prolific inventor. Even as a little boy, he spent hours in the kitchen mixing various ingredients. Later, he said he owes it to Jello and Coca-Cola, because it was they who motivated him to succeed.
In 1927, Kool-Aid went on sale. Some of the first flavors are cherry, grape, orange, lemon, and raspberry. By the way, the latter was a favorite for the inventor himself.
August is the best month for this festival. When else to celebrate this holiday, if not on a hot summer day, when you can enjoy the taste of this original drink?
- Initially Kool-Aid was sold as a liquid, then it was supplied in the familiar powder form;
- During the Second World War, it was included in the soldier’s ration;
- In 1960, the original Kool-Aid Kids cartoon was released;
- Packaging was designed by the creator himself;
- Some flavors are sugar-free, such as cherry and grape.
How to take part
Kool-Aid Day is celebrated actively and cheerfully with competitions, boat races, auctions, car shows, parades, and much more. If you live in Hastings or the surrounding area, be sure to visit the event! You can become a volunteer and join the organization of the holiday. You can also celebrate the day anywhere in the world.
When is National Kool-Aid Day celebrated in 2023?
National Kool-Aid Day is observed on the second Friday of August.