National Hiking Day is celebrated in the USA on November 17th. This is a great date to gather with friends and family and go somewhere far away from the city! Seriously, every person sometimes needs to communicate with nature, not to mention the fact that walking is a very useful thing in itself. Pack your backpack and go on an adventure!
National Hiking Day was founded by the American Hiking Society to encourage as many people as possible to travel more frequently. Cars are not needed here – it is walking that is an excellent physical activity that allows you to burn 550 calories per hour. And it also helps to distract from pressing problems, phones, computers, work…
At one time, walking was considered indecent for a wealthy person: only vagrants or poor people moved on foot. Over time, the stereotype has changed dramatically – modern people dream of breaking out of everyday life and visiting various places, being alone with nature, enjoying the beauty of sunsets and sunrises. Many people cannot imagine life without hiking in the mountains – the surrounding nature is beautiful!
- Be prepared for fatigue or discomfort (for example, weather conditions), just step forward – the journey depends only on your mood.
- Waterproof bags for important things are a great idea.
- Be sure to grab a first aid kit with a set of the most necessary pills.
- A new tent requires a trained hand – experiment with setting it up in advance.
- Create a trip plan, pay attention to gatherings, prepare participants.
How to take part
National Hiking Day is the best way to meet right on the trip! Go where you have always wanted to go. Share your experience on social networks, create a travel blog, talk about the advantages and disadvantages of the route. Talk about the benefits of walking to loved ones to set them on a healthy wave.
When is National Hiking Day celebrated in 2023?
National Hiking Day is observed on November 17 each year.