National Coffee Milkshake Day is not celebrated on the hottest day of the year – July 26th – without reason. Many enjoy the perfectly balanced combination of ice cream and coffee. Often gourmets call this a culinary work of art. So, discover the taste of summer for yourself.
Milkshake appeared in 1885. This was an alcoholic drink that resembled eggnog. It was made from whiskey, raw eggs, and special seltzer water. Gradually, non-alcoholic versions with syrups of different flavors – chocolate, cherry, and strawberry – were called milkshakes. Vanilla is the most common.
Until technological progress produced a mixer, cocktails looked like this – crushed ice, milk, syrup with a certain taste, and sugar. The first mixer appeared at the beginning of the 20th century; since then, cocktails have acquired the homogeneous consistency familiar to us. By 1930, they were sold in many stores and cafes.
Recipes for various cocktails
- Italian – add espresso and a few drops of lemon juice to the milk base.
- Vietnamese – mix coconut ice cream and condensed milk, add cubes of frozen coffee.
- Mexican – dark coffee, cinnamon, and orange extract are added to a regular milkshake.
- Moroccan – dark coffee with cardamom, black pepper, and nutmeg is added to the milk base. You can add cloves if you like the taste.
- Tennessee coffee – 30 ml of Irish cream, pure whiskey, and coffee liqueur are added to the cocktail.
How to take part
On such a hot day, throw a party and treat your friends with unique recipes. Arrange a contest for the most delicious milkshake. As practice and culinary facts show, it is precisely such experiments that turn out to be the most successful. Visit your favorite cafe serving coffee milkshakes.
When is National Coffee Milkshake Day celebrated in 2023?
National Coffee Milkshake Day is observed on July 26 each year.