International Civil Aviation Day is celebrated on December 7 all over the world. A long-awaited holiday for everyone involved in aviation: navigators, pilots, stewardesses, flight mechanics, dispatchers, airport employees… If you work in this field or have such acquaintances, join the celebration!
The holiday has been celebrated since 1994, although the ICAO formally announced it in 1992. The UN General Assembly adopted a resolution regarding the date. Civil aviation has an important place in the world: without it, we would not be able to travel and receive long-awaited parcels. Today, air transport undergoes maximum checks to meet safety rules. However, there is still a lot of work ahead to eliminate all kinds of breakdowns and disasters.
Amazing moments from history:
- the first commercial flight took place 100 years ago;
- the oldest airline founded in 1919 is the Royal Lines of the Netherlands;
- places near the wings are less turbulent, so many tend to take them;
- airplanes are second in terms of travel safety. In the first place is the escalator;
- the greatest probability of falling remains in the first minutes of the flight or during landing;
- tail seats are 40% safer than all other seats. There is a much greater chance of survival in a disaster;
- Saudi Arabia is distinguished by its laws, incomprehensible to our society. In the country, women are prohibited from driving a car, but piloting a plane is allowed;
- turbulence does not affect crashes: not a single case of a ship falling due to these factors has been recorded;
- about 80% of people on the planet suffer from aerophobia.
How to celebrate
Congratulate the people involved in aviation and the sky! Publish a post on social networks with pleasant words, tell them that you appreciate the work of people. Visit the aircraft museum, chat with its old-timers. Watch films about aircraft.
When is International Civil Aviation Day celebrated in 2022?
International Civil Aviation Day is observed on December 7 each year.