- This event has passed.
World Juggling Day
June 18, 2022
Many of us loved to go to the circus as children, captivated by the bright, unusual performances. Adults can return to their childhood and celebrate World Juggling Day. With special admiration, children watch the jugglers. This art is undoubtedly fascinating and has a long history. It is not surprising that the World Juggling Day appeared on the calendar.
The International Association of Jugglers founded World Juggling Day to highlight the popularity of the art around the world. Initially, the holiday had the status of a national one, but, given its widespread popularity and distribution around the world, it was decided to award it international status.
June 17 is the founding date of the International Association of Jugglers, so they decided to celebrate the holiday on this day.
- The first mention of this craft appeared about 4 thousand years ago. Archaeologists have found drawings of people juggling in the tombs of Egypt.
- In China, warriors practiced this art; confirmation of this is in the book “Liezi”. The book describes a warrior who skillfully handled seven swords. In addition, some warriors tossed weapons to intimidate the enemy.
- The first person to pick up glass juggling balls, Tagatus Ursus, lived in Rome.
- There are also many stories of this craft in Norse mythology.
- The most famous juggler in the world is Enrico Rastelli. In his brief life, he learned to handle nine balls.
- Juggling is a great way to lose weight, as one hour of exercise burns about 300 calories. And art also activates the activity of the brain’s two hemispheres.
How to take part
Now is the time to try your hand at it, or if are you already a professional, please your friends and family with an exciting performance. This can also be held online with a live broadcast on social networks. Use the hashtag #WorldJugglingDay.
When is World Juggling Day celebrated in 2022?
World Juggling Day is observed on the closest Saturday to 17th June.