- This event has passed.
Early Bird Day
The Early Bird Day holiday, celebrated on July 1 of each year, exists specifically to celebrate the merits of the so-called “early birds”. This is a special category of people who like to get up before everyone else in order to have more time to do during the day and charge others with energy and positive. In the linguistic tradition, the merit of “early birds” is marked by the existence of the idiom “early bird gets a worm”, which means that the efforts of enthusiastic workers who get up early are always rewarded in full.
This national day is associated with anticipation of joy and happiness. The holiday is unofficial, the exact date of origin and the name of the creator of Early Bird Day is unknown, but it is celebrated throughout the United States. Presumably, the existence of the holiday can be associated with the famous phrase about the early bird eating the worm, because one of the traditions of Early Bird Day is to watch how the bird eats the worm outside the window. This will be a particularly happy omen for fishermen, because then they will be able to find the best place for morning fishing.
How to celebrate
You can celebrate Early Bird Day in the following ways:
- wake up first of all in the house;
- to be the first in the family to see a bird eating a worm outside the window;
- the first of the neighbors to go for a run;
- mowing the lawn in the morning before the neighbors;
- be the first person to come to the grocery store;
- be the first to get to your favorite restaurant when it opens;
- go to bed early so that tomorrow you can get up again as an early bird.
It is believed that if all its traditions are observed during the holiday, then luck will favor in the future and all undertakings will be successful.
When is Early Bird Day Celebrated in 2022?
Early Bird Day is associated with the anticipation of happiness and joy. It is observed on July the 1st each year.