Google Commemoration Day is celebrated every year on September 7th. This holiday is dedicated to one of the most popular search engines, which is the result of the research work of Stanford University students. The obvious advantage of the system over competitors is its page ranking algorithm, so users get the most relevant answers to their queries. In addition to the search engine, Google offers many other useful services.
Work on creating a search engine began in early 1996. Students and teachers at Stanford University took part in the research. The result of their work was the Google system. A group of authors developed an algorithm that was responsible for ranking sites and pages. The principle of the service is fundamentally different from the work of any other services. The domain name for the search engine was registered on September 15, 1997. A year later, the company was officially registered, September 7, 1998 opened a store in California.
- The name of the search engine means googol – 1 followed by 100 zeros – this symbolizes the work of a search engine that is able to find an infinite amount of information.
- When the company expanded, the office was moved to the city of Palo Alto, and in 2003 the headquarters was moved to Mountain View.
- The main office of the company is famous for its informal atmosphere, which contributes to high productivity.
- It is Google that has the largest index of sites – more than 3 billion.
- The search engine spends less than a second to view and evaluate one site.
How to take part
Do a Google search or use one of the company’s services. Another feature of the search engine is doodles, millions of people around the world love to study them, each doodle is dedicated to a certain holiday, it is fun, funny and educational. Read about Google, learn about the history of one of the largest and most successful companies in the world.
When is Google Commemoration Day in 2022?
Google Commemoration Day is observed on September 7 each year.