Global Family Day is a warm and cozy holiday celebrated around the world on January 1st. Most of the celebrations take place in the USA. There is no reason not to celebrate the date, because our relatives are a real gift that needs to be appreciated.
In 1997, the UN General Assembly called on the countries of the world to celebrate the first day of the new millennium with a holiday – the Day of Peace. The organization proposed devoting the entire year 2000 to international culture and child safety – 140 countries agreed with the idea. It is noteworthy that the holiday eventually transformed into Global Family Day, because the previous name is closely related to the new one.
Activist and peace activist Linda Grover did a lot to popularize the date: she wrote the utopia “Island”, participated in various events, created projects, and traveled to China. But the holiday never spread throughout the land, remaining widely known to Americans.
Did you know:
- The tradition of wearing a wedding ring on the ring finger comes from ancient Egypt. In their opinion, there is a vein that carries blood to the heart;
- the probability of divorce is 50% lower if the marriage lasted more than 7 years;
- according to statistics, single people have a shorter life span than married people;
- Chinese Ziong Han is married to 39 women and has 94 children;
- The Kama Sutra is dedicated not only to love pleasures, but also to family values. By the way, there is much more information about the latter.
How to celebrate
Find out about the events taking place in your city, take part in them! Tell others about the date, write your thoughts on social networks. Solve family problems and don’t make mistakes. Become a volunteer of a charitable organization and help everyone who needs it. Speak out against violence, discrimination and injustice!
When is Global Family Day celebrated in 2023?
Global Family Day is observed on January 1 each year.