Buy British Day is an important day celebrated in the UK, perfect for shoppers! On this holiday, buyers rush to buy the various brands that England is famous for. The purpose of this day is to highlight the quality and affordability of British-made products and to encourage people to support their country’s economy.
The origins of the Buy British Day can be traced back to 2014 when the event was first organized by Best of Britannia. This was done with the aim of developing local brands and businesses, and it was met with enthusiasm by the British people. In 1968, a similar event took place when 5 secretaries of the Surbiton district agreed to work an extra 30 minutes a day without pay. This was done to show support for their country, but in the end it had no real impact on the economy.
- The UK is home to a large number of millionaires and is the fifth highest in the world ranking.
- Buckingham Palace is the most expensive palace in the world.
- The UK charges 20% for the sale of most goods and services.
- It is the 80th largest country in the world.
- It has crude oil resources and became the third largest exporter in 2018.
- The UK’s health service is the fifth largest employer in the world.
- Tourists from all over the world come to visit the sights of the UK, and they inject 30 billion pounds into the economy.
How to take part
Participating in Buy British Day is easy! Visit the Buy British event and buy the items you love. Bring your friends and family along to make it more fun. Take a look through your closet and see what is made in the UK, take pictures, and share them on social media!
When is Buy British Day in 2023?
Buy British Day is observed on October 3 each year.