Buy British Day is celebrated in the UK and is perfect for shoppers! On this holiday, the attention of buyers rushes to the various brands that England is famous for. The purpose of the date is to show that UK Made products are of good quality and affordable. And, if you love your country, it’s time to support its economy!
Best of Britannia organized an event in 2014 aimed at developing local brands and businesses. It went very well – the British took part with pleasure. Long before that, in 1968, an event with a similar goal took place – 5 secretaries of the Surbiton district agreed that they would work an extra 30 minutes a day and not require payment for this. So they supported the country and set an example for others.
This movement began to gain momentum over time. Another noteworthy thing is that later it turned out that this in no way affected the economy and the state as a whole. In the end, people just stopped doing it.
Curious things about the economy:
- a large number of millionaires live in the UK – the state occupies the fifth line in the world ranking;
- the most expensive palace on the planet – Buckingham;
- 20% is charged by the state for the sale of most goods and services;
- is the 80th largest country;
- has crude oil resources, became the third largest exporter in 2018;
- the health service is ranked 5th in the ranking of the largest employers in the world;
- tourists from all over the world come to see the sights of the Kingdom: they invest 30 billion pounds in the economy.
How to celebrate
Visit the Buy British event and buy the items you love! Take your friends and family with you – it will be more fun. Open your closet and see what’s made in the UK – take pictures and share on social media.
When is Buy British Day in 2022?
Buy British Day is observed on October 3 each year.