On Bake Cookies Day, people rush to get home faster to please loved ones with crunchy treats and fill their home with a magical aroma! No wonder the holiday is timed to coincide with Christmas – the expectation of magic is associated with cookies. Show us a person who doesn’t like products!
Some researchers believe that cookies appeared 10 thousand years ago. This is the oldest confectionery in the world! It is believed that it originated in Persia (the territory of modern Iran). Initially, it was not popular: sugar did not exist at that time, so people did not appreciate it. After sugar became available, Persian culinary specialists created sweet products – they already fell in love with the people. Over time, the delicacy flooded the whole of Europe.
Today there are many types of cookies: shortbread, biscuit, puff, cottage cheese, cheese, chocolate, vanilla … It is difficult to announce a complete list. The advantage is that everyone can cook it, the fantasy is not limited by the framework.
Did you know that:
- the first two cookie recipes appeared in a cookbook written by American Amelia Simmons in 1796;
- in Haiti, strange products are made from mud, scraps of vegetables and salt. They are baked on the roofs of houses in sunny weather;
- the largest shortbread biscuit made in the USA in 1999. Its weight is 3687 kg;
- in the 16th century they began to bake curly cookies;
- Oreo – the best-selling cookies in the States, they are composed exclusively of plant-based ingredients;
- Fortune cookies originated in California.
How to celebrate
The perfect way to celebrate Bake Cookies Day is to bake your favorite items and delight your family. Find a new recipe or add something unique to an old one. Serve treats to neighbors and friends. Teach cooking to those who want to learn the skill.
When is Bake Cookies Day celebrated in 2022?
Bake Cookies Day is observed on December 18 each year.