Actors’ Day is dedicated to the most creative profession, which makes people transform. Thanks to actors, people all over the world appreciate cinematic art. Everyone has favorite films, but how often do we think about how difficult new roles are, how much strength and energy this work takes. That is why September 8 is the time to recognize their talent and appreciate their work.
There is reliable historical evidence that acting appeared in Egypt around 4000 BC. Theatrical performances were held in honor of the dead. Also in China, through acting, they preserved the memory of major victories. Ancient Greece is considered the cradle of theater. In the Middle Ages, theaters were massively closed, as the acting profession was considered immoral. Modern acting was revived in Italy in the 16th century.
- The first actors in ancient Greece played in masks to transform into different characters.
- The most spectacular productions were the plays of the Roman Empire.
- Today, the profession of acting is revered.
- The name of the first actor was Thespis, which is why the actors are often called Thespians.
- Role learning is a real art that needs tremendous effort.
How to take part
Learn more about the acting profession. It is very informative and exciting. Try taking an acting class to discover your new talents. By the way, such courses help to overcome self-doubt. Arrange a theatrical party, and come up with a funny theme for it, with appropriate scenery.
When is Actors’ Day in 2022?
Actors’ Day is observed on September 8 each year.