World Coconut Day is a date dedicated to that, without which it is impossible to make a pina colada or Thai curry. Its juice is an excellent energy drink, and the smoke from the fibers repels mosquitoes. There are enough reasons to join the celebration of this funny day in September.
Coconut is recognized as one of the most versatile products. It is used for various purposes – in cooking, cosmetology, or to create jewelry. According to some reports, the oil can even slow down the development of caries. Simply rinse your mouth with it every day for 20 minutes. Coconuts are especially revered by the Asia-Pacific APCC, which supports all major producers. The tree was first discovered in India, and thanks to sailors, it ended up in East Africa, then in Southeast Asia and then spread throughout the world.
- The name is associated with three mysterious holes on its surface. They resemble the face of a mythical figure, which in ancient Iberian folklore was called coco. That is how the name came about.
- All parts of the fruit have been used: pulp, milk in the preparation of various dishes, oil and cream in the manufacture of hair and skin care products, and the husks and leaves in the production of rugs and the construction of roofs.
- In 2020, the holiday was dedicated to the protection of ecology and the environment. The theme was ‘Invest in coconut and save the world’.
- This is an excellent source of antioxidants; the pulp strengthens the immune system.
- This is a permitted sweetener for diabetes.
How to take part
Eat fresh coconuts. Make a menu tied together by one component – it can be meat, soup, rice, seafood, or cookies. Use them to make amazing cocktails and host a Hawaiian-style party with flower garlands, grass skirts, and tropical treats. Prepare umbrellas for drinks.
When is World Coconut Day in 2023?
World Coconut Day is observed on September 2 each year.