Stay Home Because You’re Well Day is celebrated in the US on November 30th. This day is important for everyone as it provides an opportunity to step back from the frenzied activity of everyday life and take a much-needed break. Taking care of our bodies is essential for a comfortable life – if we overload them with work, we will eventually experience physical and mental malfunctions, apathy, and depression. Therefore, take this day off and join us in celebrating Stay Home Because You’re Well Day!
This holiday was founded by Ruth and Tom Roy, co-founders of Wellcat Holidays & Herbs. The Roys understand that people often make up illnesses or other excuses to stay home from work, but on this day they are calling for us to take a day off without any excuses.
With all the constant calls, messages and noisy colleagues, it can be exhausting. So, Ruth and Tom are inviting us to take a break and blow away the stigmas of taking a day off.
Why a person needs rest – 6 reasons:
- Reduction of stress. A heavy workload can put our body in a survival mode, which can prevent us from leading a full life, building a family, and having fun.
- Studies have shown that non-stop activities can increase mortality by 21%.
- Increasing activity. Taking a break can help us have more energy when we get back to work.
- Improving communication. Working all day can take away from the time we have to spend with our loved ones, but having a day off can help us to reconnect with them.
- The best ideas come when we take the time to relax!
- It is legal. We all have the right to take a break.
How to take part
To celebrate Stay Home Because You’re Well Day, stay at home and do something that brings you joy! Draw, listen to music, read, or cook a delicious dinner for yourself or your friends. You can also order food delivery and spend some quality time doing something that pleases you.
When is Stay Home Because You’re Well Day celebrated in 2023?
Stay Home Because You’re Well Day is observed on November 30 each year.