Smart Home Day is celebrated every year on November 3rd. The holiday is dedicated to modern technologies that allow you to automate home management. From a distance, you can control such parameters as lighting, heating, air conditioning, ventilation, alarm control and household appliances.
Any form of automation and machine that helps save human labor is a variation of the smart home. The development of this direction began at the beginning of the 20th century, when the first refrigerators, washing machines, water heaters appeared, technologies gradually developed and improved. The first analogue of the smart home system appeared in 1975, three years later the system was finalized, but the result was not ideal – high cost, poor controllability. The comments were taken into account, and the engineers worked in several directions – scalability, the ability to control devices, ease of installation, security, cost reduction.
- The number of registered home automation systems in America exceeds 2,5 million.
- The initial costs for the purchase and installation of the system are quite high, but in the long run they are justified and paid off, as a result, monthly utility bills are reduced.
- The largest manufacturer of smart home systems is Samsung.
- According to statistics, automated systems are more effective in protecting the home from theft and illegal intrusions.
- The most demanded option of the smart home system is lighting control.
How to celebrate
If you have not yet implemented an automation system, be sure to conduct a study, study what offers are on the technology market today. Join thematic groups, forums on the Internet, follow the information, news, novelties. If such a system has already been introduced in your home, allow yourself to relax and entrust the maximum of household chores to technology. After all, in the end, the technology is designed to make life easier for the user.
When is Smart Home Day celebrated in 2022?
Smart Home Day is observed on November 3 each year.