Smart Home Day is celebrated every year on November 3rd. This holiday is dedicated to modern technologies that allow you to automate home management. From a distance, these technologies allow you to control such parameters as lighting, heating, air conditioning, ventilation, alarm control, and household appliances.
Any form of automation and machines that help save human labor are variations of the smart home. The development of this direction began at the beginning of the 20th century with the invention of refrigerators, washing machines, and water heaters. In 1975, the first analogue of the smart home system was released, but it wasn’t perfect due to its high cost, poor controllability, and lack of scalability. After taking these comments into consideration, engineers worked on improving the system in several directions: scalability, controllability, ease of installation, security, and cost reduction.
- The number of registered home automation systems in America exceeds 2.5 million.
- The initial costs for the purchase and installation of the system are quite high, but in the long run, they are justified and paid off, resulting in lower monthly utility bills.
- The largest manufacturer of smart home systems is Samsung.
- According to statistics, automated systems are more effective in protecting the home from theft and illegal intrusions.
- The most demanded option of the smart home system is lighting control.
How to take part
If you have not yet implemented an automation system, be sure to conduct a study of what offers are on the technology market today. Join thematic groups and forums on the internet, follow the information, news, and novelties. If you already have a system installed in your home, take the opportunity to relax and entrust the majority of household chores to technology. After all, the technology is designed to make life easier for the user.
When is Smart Home Day celebrated in 2023?
Smart Home Day is observed on November 3 each year.