National Pumpkin Pie Day is the best date to cook a delicious dish and treat your family! In the US, this is a special piece that has become a traditional favorite! Most often it is served at Christmas and Thanksgiving – it is difficult to find a family where there will not be a beautiful and fragrant pie on the table.
We didn’t find the person who created National Day, but he was definitely crazy about these baked goods! Some researchers agree that the prototype of the pie was prepared by settlers in Plymouth. Perhaps the Indians shared pumpkins, and the Europeans came up with a custard with the addition of milk and honey. The first Thanksgiving celebration was not complete without this dish.
In 1651, a book called “Le Vrai Cuisinier François” appeared, compiled by a French cook and writer. He was very famous at that time! The works were also translated into English 2 years after the release. The pumpkin pie was featured here as “Tourte of Pumpkin”. By the 1670s, the recipe was also flooding British publications! In 1796, pumpkin pie became what it is today: American Amelia Simmons published a recipe that better suited the taste of Americans.
Did you know that pumpkin:
- unpretentious plant – grown everywhere except Atlantis;
- based on the science of Botany is a berry;
- appeared about 7000 years ago – it is believed that it was bred by ancient people involved in selection;
- has no less useful seeds – even oil is made from them;
- contains vitamins E and A to help fight aging;
- ideal for people suffering from anemia – it contains a lot of iron;
- has no extra calories, ideal for people who follow the figure;
- it is used not only for food: amazing things are created from it;
- as decor is especially relevant on Halloween.
How to celebrate
Head into the kitchen on National Pumpkin Pie Day and don’t leave until you’ve made your favorite baked goods. If you do not like the process, buy a ready-made pie – on this day it is sold everywhere! Create decorative elements from a pumpkin and decorate your house with them, invite your friends to dinner.
When is National Pumpkin Pie Day celebrated in 2022?
National Pumpkin Pie Day is observed on December 25 each year.