National Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day is celebrated in the USA on November 12th. The holiday is ideal for pizza lovers – well, who among us will refuse a juicy piece with stretching fragrant cheese? There is only one BUT: no anchovies! A small fish does not go well with pizza ingredients. What do you think?
We did not find the person who founded the National Day, but this does not prevent us from celebrating the holiday in the highest rank! According to some reports, in the United States, pizza was first cooked in New York in City’s Little Italy in 1905. The Americans loved the dish very much, a special peak came in the period after the Second World War. Since then, new recipes and fillings have been developed.
Who started adding anchovies to pizza? This question interests many. Over the years, people have ridiculed the combination, not understanding how anyone could like it. Of course, these are jokes, because people have different tastes, but most are aimed against such experiments with food.
It is noteworthy that:
- More than 500 million pizzas are eaten every day around the world. Can you imagine? And that number doesn’t include homemade cakes;
- all of Europe is unanimous in the opinion that pizza is better and tastier than pies;
- the most popular filling is spicy pepperoni sausages;
- the perfect pizza cheese is mozzarella;
- the first online sales opened in 1993 – the Pizza Hut restaurant opened its website, where it offered the possibility of ordering at home;
- in 2001, pizza went into space, spending more than $1 million (sponsored by Pizza Hut). Cosmonaut Yuri Usachev enjoyed it;
- frozen convenience foods that are easy to reheat in a microwave or oven appeared in 1962;
- in the famous Japanese pizzerias, they surprise guests with pizza with a “live” filling – thin slices of fish rise from the steam of hot dough and create a visual impression that the pizza is breathing.
How to celebrate
Eat your favorite pizza! Find a person who loves anchovies and try to find out why this combination attracts him. Visit your favorite restaurant or order a dish to take home. Throw a party. The main thing – no fish in pizza!
When is National Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day celebrated in 2022?
National Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day is observed on November 12 each year.