National Lazy Mom’s Day is a wonderful date when every mother has the right to enjoy rest and forget about everyday worries. Every year on the first Friday of September, do everything possible to free your mother from work. Give her a gift and compliments. Show how much you love the dearest person in your life and, of course, try to help your mother more than just one day a year.
National Lazy Mom’s Day is not meant to celebrate laziness. This day motivates millions of women to take time for themselves. You probably know the saying that a mom’s work never ends. That is why the first Friday of September is a great occasion to stop, take a deep breath, and spend time alone with yourself. Forget that you need to cook, do homework with children, wash, or iron. National Lazy Mom’s Day is all about you and your desires.
- It turns out that there are about 2 billion mothers in the world.
- National Lazy Mom’s Day is the second most popular holiday after Christmas.
- The average age of mothers in America is 25 years old. For comparison, in 1970 it was 21 years old.
- About 88% of moms in the US are officially employed.
- The symbol of this holiday is the carnation. Wear a red one if your mother is still alive, and a white one if she has already passed away.
How to take part
Immerse yourself in rest and relaxation. Visit the spa, get a manicure or pedicure, change your style, or pick out some new outfits. Go for a massage, or to a sauna. If you are on the other side of the holiday, try to do everything possible to please your mother, take on some of her responsibilities. Become a supermom for a day.
When is National Lazy Mom’s Day celebrated in 2022?
National Lazy Mom’s Day is observed on the first Friday of September each year.