National Greasy Foods Day is a day to indulge in delicious and satisfying fatty foods! On October 25th, take a break from your healthy eating habits and give into your cravings. Fried wings, cheeseburgers, french fries, and bacon pizza are all on the menu. This holiday was founded by someone who loves the taste of buttery, juicy meats.
In the 1800s, food wasn’t as plentiful as it is today. Meat was considered a luxury and people were limited to low-calorie foods, such as stews. This stew was important because it was able to preserve healthy fats, which allowed the body to absorb vitamins like A, E, and D.
Nowadays, many people are on diets that reduce fat intake. This is not always the best choice for our bodies, as it can lead to breakdowns, bad moods, and poor well-being.
- Our receptors sense fat in the same way as bitter, salty, and sweet foods. Those with high sensitivity tend to choose low-fat foods and fill up more quickly.
- The ideal diet should include about 30% fat.
- It is best to combine fatty foods with fiber-rich vegetables.
- If you drink cold beverages with fatty foods, they are better absorbed.
- Fat deposits are a natural process, and can act as a store of energy that can help us survive in times of famine.
How to take part
Gather your family and prepare your favorite fatty dishes. Ask everyone what they would like to eat most, and order in some fast food to make it a party. Invite your friends to join in on the fun and enjoy National Greasy Foods Day!
When is National Greasy Foods Day celebrated in 2023?
National Greasy Foods Day is observed on October 25 each year.