National Greasy Foods Day is not about the healthiest, but delicious and satisfying food! Often we give up fatty foods in favor of feeling good, but October 25th is a day of relaxation! Indulge in fried wings, cheese burger, french fries, bacon pizza, and don’t blame yourself for that weakness.
Fatty foods garner hatred and resentment from people who support healthy eating. They are right about something: you can’t get carried away with food every day – there are many risks. But today we will not talk about them! The holiday was founded by a man who obviously likes buttery meat with running juice, not crispy broccoli.
In the 1800s, food was not plentiful. Meat was considered a luxury, people were limited to low-calorie food. The main dish was stew: it could at least somehow preserve healthy fats. This is important because vitamins are absorbed along with them: A, E, D …
Only the lazy one never went on a diet. They are based on reducing fat, but some seek to eliminate them altogether. This is fundamentally wrong – the body is not saturated, and this leads to breakdowns, bad mood and well-being.
Did you know:
- our receptors sense fat in the same way as bitter, salty, sweet foods. People with high susceptibility tend to choose low-fat foods and fill up more quickly;
- the diet should be about 30% fat;
- it is ideal to combine fatty foods with fiber – vegetables;
- if you drink dishes with cold drinks, they are better absorbed;
- finally, the deposition of fat is a natural process, a store of energy that would help to stay alive in times of famine.
How to celebrate
Prepare your favorite fatty meals and gather the whole family at the same table. Consider the tastes of everyone, ask what they would eat with special pleasure. Order fast food and organize a delicious party. We assure you that your friends will not refuse to come to such an event!
When is National Greasy Foods Day celebrated in 2022?
National Greasy Foods Day is observed on October 25 each year.