National Espresso Day is celebrated in the USA on November 23rd. The holiday unites coffee lovers – the drink has firmly entered our lives and is not going to leave it. Many people can’t imagine a morning without a rich espresso. What about you?
National Day is made for the most invigorating human invention! The history of the appearance of espresso is connected with an engineer from Milan – Luigi Bezzer. He invented the world’s first drink making machine. He was advised to patent the device and did so in 1901. Since that time, a new coffee era has opened!
To this day, the drink is associated with countless coffee houses, because it was not possible to prepare it at home. The fact is that the equipment was too bulky, expensive and difficult to maintain. The owners of the establishments took special courses to learn the correct processes. Now humanity is not deprived of innovative coffee machines that will prepare any kind in an instant. And it’s great!
Did you know that espresso:
- does not mean the word “fast”, but comes from the Italian “squeezed out”. This explains why the drink is made under pressure;
- it is better to use after a meal: before a meal, a drink can upset the acid balance in the stomach;
- despite current myths, it does not affect the presence of insomnia in any way (if you drink it in moderation!);
- gives life to other types: latte, americano, cappuccino;
- contains a small amount of caffeine. The invigorating effect comes more from the shock state of the taste buds.
How to celebrate
Head to the nearest coffee shop and order a cup of espresso. Observe people and find out what kind of coffee they prefer. Treat a friend or stranger with a drink – today it is doubly pleasant to make such a gesture. Get your own coffee machine and learn how to use it – invite your neighbors to breakfast!
When is National Espresso Day celebrated in 2022?
National Espresso Day is observed on November 23 each year.