National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day is celebrated on November 15 in the United States. This fun holiday encourages us to take a look inside our kitchen helper and make sure all the food stored inside is fresh and safe to consume.
National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day was invented by the American company Whirlpool, a manufacturer of household appliances. They believe that for the appliance to work correctly, it needs to be cleaned out every now and then.
- In the 1950s, refrigerators were only available in white. Soon after, manufacturers started producing them in different colors.
- The world’s largest refrigerator is a 27 km cryogenic line which is part of the hadron collider located on the border of Switzerland and France.
- In Pennsylvania, it is against the law to sleep on a refrigerator outside.
- Coils in refrigerators can overheat, so they should not be placed close to walls or heat sources.
- On average, refrigerator consumption accounts for 10-15% of energy.
- Refrigerators cannot simply be thrown into the trash – they can harm the environment. It is better to give them to a recycling company.
How to take part
Make sure to get your gloves and detergents ready and open the refrigerator door. Sometimes it is necessary to turn off the device by defrosting it. Taking care of your refrigerator will save you a lot of trouble in the future!
When is National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day celebrated in 2023?
National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day is observed on November 15 each year.