Feel the aroma of delicious food? It’s National Chicken Fried Steak Day! A favorite holiday for connoisseurs of poultry dishes. It’s time to head to the store or your favorite restaurant to celebrate October 26th! We are sure that you begin to swallow saliva – the mere mention of fried chicken cramps the stomach.
Chicken steak has delighted our taste buds for decades… It’s impossible to say exactly where it was first cooked. Perhaps we owe its origin to Texas and Oklahoma. Many believe that the ideas were brought by German immigrants, preparing chicken in the same way as the Wiener Schnitzel. Now it is not so important, because they enjoy the dish in every corner of the earth!
National Day was founded in 2011. It was created by restaurateur Jeffrey Yarbrough with his friend. They dreamed that the steak would be recognized and definitely not forgotten due to the development of gastronomy. They did it – and we thank them!
Amazing things about chickens:
- see the world in the ultraviolet range, additionally perceive UV rays;
- have a good memory;
- it is believed that they are close relatives of dinosaurs;
- there are 25 billion individuals throughout the planet;
- hundreds of billions of eggs are laid annually;
- know how to sympathize with other living beings;
- the largest egg ever recorded in the world weighed 350 grams and contained 2 yolks;
- birds dream, but no one will ever know what;
- about 20 skin papillae are concentrated on their beak, allowing them to explore everything they touch.
How to celebrate
On National Chicken Fried Steak Day, head to your nearest restaurant and sample the chef’s specialty. Love to cook? Create a masterpiece in your kitchen – learn new recipes, add a little imagination and invite your friends over for a delicious dinner. You can complement the table with other poultry dishes.
When is National Chicken Fried Steak Day celebrated in 2022?
National Chicken Fried Steak Day is observed on October 26 each year.