National Cat Day is celebrated on October 29 and honors some of the most graceful creatures on the planet. Cats have been keeping us company for many years. Mystical stories, legends, mythological stories are associated with them. Now many people have a cat in the house, which is a full-fledged member of the family! It is impossible to miss the holiday.
It’s funny, but cats actually run our lives. They believe that you have come to their house and are allowed to be in it. Nevertheless, they love us: they lie side by side if they feel the owner’s bad mood; treat if they notice that something hurts us; soothingly purr and sweetly meow. And they also give a good mood, funny running around the house for a laser beam or toys!
National Day was founded in 2005. The idea came from animal rights activist Colleen Paige. She was supported not only by people, but also by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Cats. In the same year, the holiday was celebrated on a grand scale. The mission is to draw people’s attention to topical issues.
Have you heard that cats:
- have a standard healthy temperature of 38 degrees;
- differ in the unique structure of the skeleton – there are 250 bones. Experts believe that bones tend to grow together in the process of life;
- see perfectly at a distance of 60 meters;
- have more than 80 million olfactory receptors on the nose;
- may sweat on the pads of the paws;
- express the highest degree of love through a trembling tail;
- live an average of 15 years;
- easily sleep 18 hours a day and fall asleep faster than other animals;
- can jump to a height 5 times their height;
- distinguish the intonation of a person and probably understand when he is angry.
How to celebrate
Don’t have a pet? Start it – at home it will immediately become much more comfortable and joyful. Visit a shelter and choose an adult cat or kitten. Before you adopt an animal, consider whether you can provide it with adequate care. If you already have a cat, prepare a delicious gift for her!
When is National Cat Day celebrated in 2022?
National Cat Day is observed on October 29 each year.