National Cashew Day is celebrated in the USA on November 23rd. It is dedicated to everyone who cannot imagine a diet without this variety of nut! By the way, it is called Indian, although its homeland is Brazil. Want to know more? Read more about the holiday!
Today, cashews are an indispensable snack and an ingredient added to various dishes. Even in the past, it was extremely popular: the Indians fought for the plantations! This is not surprising, because in South America they are the largest in the world. Despite this, the main world suppliers are India, Nigeria, Vietnam.
What is prepared from cashews: various sweets – pies, sweet bars, creams; interesting sauces, ideal for meat products, salads; pasta – it can be added to cereals, spread on toast, prepare desserts … Oil is also extracted from the nut, it is used for cosmetic purposes. Today it is easy to find various products in the market – this can be done on National Day.
Did you know that cashews:
- must be stored in a glass jar, paper bag. Do not put products in the refrigerator – provide them with a comfortable room temperature;
- is the weakest allergen, unlike other varieties, but no one canceled accuracy;
- rich in fiber – nutritionists advise not to get carried away with the product because of the possibility of getting constipation;
- has a calorie content per 100 grams – 570 calories;
- excellently lowers blood sugar – recommended for diabetics;
- useful for women and men due to the improvement of the body;
- strengthens teeth, destroying bacteria that negatively affect enamel;
- has a positive effect on the brain and relieves stress.
How to celebrate
Taste a nut for an interesting series or a conversation with friends. Prepare an interesting dish based on it – surprise others! Learn more about the beneficial properties of the product and share them on social networks.
When is National Cashew Day celebrated in 2022?
National Cashew Day is observed on November 23 each year.