Love to read? National Book Month was created for those who cannot imagine life without interesting literature. October is a good time to celebrate this day: the temperature on the street becomes lower, it rains more often, many people tend to stay in a cozy apartment more. If you have a fascinating book in your hands, the bad weather outside the window will not be able to spoil your mood!
The holiday was founded in 2003 by the US National Book Foundation. In October, there are bright events dedicated to this day. One of the most significant is the award honoring distinguished authors of the country. There are more and more participants, and it’s great!
It turns out that reading:
- reduces stress. This is a kind of antidepressant that can transfer consciousness from pressing problems to a calm and cozy place;
- gives new knowledge. It is not necessary to read philosophical works, even fiction can increase erudition;
- trains memory, expands vocabulary. Words and expressions that you have ever read are stored in a “cell” of the brain and applied in any suitable situation;
- is the perfect hobby! A person will never get tired of reading – there are a huge number of books and genres, even hundreds of years will not be enough to study everything;
- maintains physical health. Brain gymnastics is important at any age;
- really affects life. You will definitely find the very book that will turn your mind upside down, forcing you to look at things from a different angle.
And one more interesting point: the Guinness Book of Records has the highest sales! It has been translated into 52 languages of the world.
How to celebrate
The easiest thing to do is to open a bestseller. Purchase recent works or re-read those you don’t fully understand. If you have a small library at home, clean the shelves and dust off. Use the #NationalBookMonth tag on social networks, share your favorite literature with your friends!
When is National Book Month in 2022?
National Book Month is observed on October 1 each year.