Mean Girls Day is celebrated annually on October 3rd. The holiday is dedicated to everyone who was a fan of the comedy film for teenagers of the same name. It debuted popular actresses: Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams, Amy Poehler. If you are a fan of this painting, join the celebration!
The tape appeared on the screens in 2004. Many still enjoy watching it today. This is not surprising – actual problems are also raised here for modern teenagers: getting used to a new environment, the ability to defend one’s opinion and not bend under leaders, friendship, love. Comedy became a symbol – fans wrote poetry, created memes, posted creativity on social networks. The date was also not chosen by chance. In one of the scenes, Aaron asks Candy a question: “What day is it today?”. The heroine names October 3rd.
It is noteworthy that:
- initially, the role of the bitch was to be played by Lindsay Lohan, but then abandoned in favor of another heroine – a girl who came from Africa;
- Scarlett Johansson was considered for the role of Karen Smith, but the casting failed;
- there were a lot of vulgar and rude phrases in the script, but they were removed;
- there is a small typo in the episode – the test that one of the girls receives is dated October 14, although the film takes place after the Christmas holidays;
- in 2009, a PC game with beloved characters appeared;
- the second part is shown in 2018;
- the film was based on a novel published in 20017;
- the skirts for the Christmas event were created from plastic.
How to celebrate
You can celebrate Mean Girls Day in different ways: watch this film again or introduce it to someone who has never seen it; find an old school outfit in the closet and try it on; chat with classmates and remember school tricks – why not? On this day there is no place for sadness!
When is Mean Girls Day in 2022?
Mean Girls Day is observed on October 3 each year.