International Animation Day is celebrated on October 28 in the USA and reminds everyone of the times when watching a cartoon seemed like the most enjoyable thing in the world! Today, a huge number of cartoons have been created that are interesting not only for children, but also for adults. It is not clear who needs them more, because everyone loves them!
The holiday was founded in 2002 by the Association Internationale du Film d’Animation. The date was not chosen by chance: on this day, animation first appeared before the world. The production was called “Pantomimes Lumineuses”. An event took place in Paris at the Grevin Museum.
There are different types of animation. Classic (2D) – perhaps the most recognizable of all, it required careful rendering of frames, as it did not include digital tools. 3D – one of the most popular, gives the image realism. Stop animation combines images of stationary elements in a certain sequence, creating the illusion of movement.
- The cartoon “Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs” was drawn in 1937. Walt Disney was awarded 8 Oscars for this work;
- recognizable Tom and Jerry were originally called differently: Jasper and Jinx;
- everyone’s favorite Mickey Mouse could be a frog – it was originally planned by Disney;
- Plasticine cartoons required a lot of work. Today they have been completely replaced by modern technology;
- Beauty and the Beast is a true masterpiece! Released in 1991.
How to celebrate
Do you remember what cartoon you liked the most as a child? Review it today: buy delicious snacks and sit back. Invite friends to watch and share the session with them. Find out if there are International Animation Day events in your city and visit them! Try to create your own masterpiece – download a special program and start creating!
When is International Animation Day celebrated in 2022?
International Animation Day is observed on October 28 each year.