- This event has passed.
World Nature Conservation Day
World Nature Conservation Day is a very important day dedicated to the conservation of nature and the environment. Every year on July 28, millions of people around the world unite with a common goal – to talk about the importance and necessity of preserving natural resources and ecology. This is critical for future generations if we want them to be healthy and live on a healthy planet.
As a result of human activity, many plants and animals have disappeared or are on the verge of extinction. If the situation is not changed, humanity will disappear behind the flora and fauna. That’s why World Nature Conservation Day appeared on the calendar. Its mission is to show that such components of nature as air, water, soil, flora and fauna are inviolable.
Every year more and more attention is paid to the issues of nature protection, but this is not enough to see real results, it will take decades. The situation is complicated by the fact that a person ruthlessly exploits resources, not thinking about the fact that they are not being replenished. In addition, the world is steadily moving in the direction of biodiversity loss.
- The organization that is closely involved in environmental issues is the International Union for Conservation of Nature. The organization was formed in the middle of the last century, its mission is to determine how people affect nature, identify species that are on the verge of extinction, and protect them and their habitats.
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the International Union for Conservation of Nature prepared solutions to global natural problems. The document describes in detail how to solve the problems of global warming, poverty, food shortages.
- By the 21st century, about a million representatives of flora and fauna have disappeared without a trace on the planet.
- Less than 13% of the land is nature reserves.
- Between 1970 and 2020, the populations of mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, and amphibians declined by almost 70%.
- According to statistics, species that live in freshwater reservoirs disappear faster.
How to celebrate
Start with your own help – reduce the use of plastic, use objects made from decomposing materials. Properly dispose of electronic devices and household appliances. Use water more economically.
When is World Nature Conservation Day celebrated in 2022?
World Nature Conservation Day is observed on September 28 each year.