- This event has passed.
Embrace Your Geekness Day
Embrace Your Geekness Day was created by as a way for geeks who are «into dungeon games, comic books and doing vampire dress-up» or who «spend endless hours going strange places on the internet» as a way to embrace their lifestyle! The work geek can be defined as a digital-technology expert or enthusiast, but it can also refer to an intellectual who has an abundance of enthusiasm for and some expertise about a certain subject or activity. Take out your glasses, suspenders, bow tie, pocket protector, and of course your laptop in honor of Embrace Your Geekness Day!
Until recently, the term geekiness was condemned by society, many connoisseurs of fantasy stories hid their costumes in the hope that someday they would be able to openly demonstrate their hobby. Today, the terms “geek” and “fandom” symbolize creativity, passion for fantasy works.
Celebrate this weird holiday by dressing up like a geek! Take time today to do every geeky activity that you can think of. Learn a geeky word like omphaloskepsis (contemplation of one’s navel as an aid to meditation), and use it every chance you get in conversations throughout the day! Pull out a pen from your pocket protector, and teach someone something! Wish someone you know a «Happy Embrace Your Geekness Day!». Bring an apple to school or work, and lay it on your teacher’s or boss’s desk. However you decide to spend Embrace Your Geekness Day, embrace all of the geeky things that you do, and be proud of the geeks around you. It’s an honor to be called a geek!
Embrace Your Geekness Day Fun Facts
- The first computer mouse, created in 1964, was made out of wood.
- Star Wars: Episode I has made more money than Star Wars: Episode IV.
- Donald Duck’s middle name is «Fauntleroy».
- -40 °C is equal to -40 °F.
- «Typewriter» is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of a keyboard.
Embrace Your Geekness Day Jokes
- Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
- There’s a band called 1021 MB. They haven’t had any gigs yet.
- There are only two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors.
- The programmer’s wife tells him, «Drive to the store, and purchase a loaf of bed. If they have eggs, get a dozen». The programmer returned home with twelve loaves of bread.
- Three condemned people are waiting to be executed via the guillotine. The first condemned person, a minister, steps up. The switch is pulled, but the blade doesn’t come down. The minister cries out, «God knows I am innocent!». He’s pardoned. The second condemned person, a revolutionary agitator, steps up. The switch is pulled, but the blade doesn’t come down. The revolutionary agitator cries out, «The revolution cannot be stopped!». He’s pardoned. Finally, the third condemned person, an engineer, steps up. The switch is pulled, but the blade doesn’t come down. He looks up, points towards the top of the guillotine, and says, «I think your problem is that the cable is binding right here…».
Embrace Your Geekness Day Quotes
- «I’m a geek». Bill Gates
- «When I was a kid, it was a huge insult to be a geek. Now it’s a point of pride in a weird way». J. J. Abrams
- «I am much more of a geek than I am an athlete». Curt Schilling
- «I didn’t have a whole lot of success getting dates. I was always a bit of a geek». Jim Davis
- «I’m an utterly average, total geek». Julia Roberts
Embrace Your Geekness Day Destinations:
- Visit Apple’s. Tthe original Apple Employee store located at Apple’s headquarters in Cupertino, California.
- Travel to Las Vegas, and visit.
- Take a vacation to New Zealand (aka Middle Earth) where the Lord of the Rings trilogy was filmed.
- Stay home, and browse through your favorite social media platforms on your computer’s internet browser!
This holiday has also been called: National Embrace Your Geekness Day, International Embrace Your Geekness Day, Embrace Your Geekiness Day, National Embrace Your Geekiness Day, and International Embrace Your Geekiness Day!
July 13th is also Barbershop Music Appreciation Day, Fool’s Paradise Day, Gruntled Workers Day, International Puzzle Day, and National French Fries Day!
Embrace Your Geekness Day is celebrated in July which is: National Anti-Boredom Month, National Blueberry Month, National Cellphone Courtesy Month, National Grilling Month, National Hot Dog Month, National Ice Cream Month, and National Vacation Rental Month!
When is Embrace Your Geekness Day in 2022?
Embrace Your Geekness Day is observed on July 13 each year.