If you dream of eating right, but can’t find a reason, Fresh Veggies Day is the time to take the first step towards a healthy lifestyle. Every year on June 16, all over the world, people talk about the benefits of fresh vegetables. According to statistics, the number of vegetables consumed is catastrophically below the norm established by nutritionists. Fresh Veggies Day is dedicated to a healthy lifestyle and the benefits of vegetables.
The exact reasons the holiday appeared on the calendar are unknown. Most likely, the season was chosen because there is an abundance of vegetables in the markets and shops.
Nutritionists strongly recommend eating as many vegetables as possible, and instilling a culture of nutrition in children. It is not necessary to become a vegetarian, but it is important to remember that vegetables are much healthier than meat.
- According to nutritionists, the best snack during the day is fresh vegetables.
- Spinach is one of the healthiest vegetables. A cup of chopped, fresh leaves will provide you with your daily requirement of vitamin K and vitamin A. In addition, spinach is rich in beneficial antioxidants.
- Carrots can provide 400% of your daily value of vitamin A. Several studies support the ability of carrots to slow down the growth of cancer cells.
- Broccoli is rich in vitamins and minerals.
How to take part
- Start growing vegetables in your garden or on your balcony. Keep your own blog about it, tell people about your successes, and encourage healthy eating.
- Install an application on your smartphone that will tell you the caloric value of various vegetables and legumes.
- Learn new recipes containing vegetables, fantasize, and cook with pleasure.
- Buy a freezer and freeze vegetables for the winter. You can also can buy a grill – another safe and tasty way to cook vegetables.
Remember, Fresh Veggies Day is not limited to one day, because every day you need to eat fresh vegetables.
When is Fresh Veggies Day Celebrated in 2023?
Fresh Veggies Day is associated with the anticipation of happiness and joy. It is observed on June the 16th each year.