Country Inn Bed & Breakfast Day is a day to celebrate and recognize the popularity of bed and breakfasts around the world. It is celebrated on October 5 each year and offers travelers the chance to explore great events and entertainment!
The first of these types of hotels opened in the northwest of France in 1990. Their favorable prices and excellent quality have been the driving forces behind their popularization. The idea then spread to other European countries, and there are now over 14 of them. In July 2020 alone, there were 650 establishments! In Germany, the first hotel opened in 1998 in Ingolstadt, followed by a second one a year later in Genshagen. Additional cities such as Cologne, Hannover, and Leipzig were then added to the list, and there are now 153 hotels open in the state.
Did you know that Bed & Breakfast hotels:
- often compete with the most expensive hotels in terms of comfort;
- are more interesting to tourists, often being compared to museums as one can easily become acquainted with the local rituals and traditions;
- have ratings from 2 to 5 stars;
- are distinguished by comfort, a small number of rooms (maximum 20), peace, and quiet;
- can offer a variety of additional services – from transfers to craft training;
- vividly demonstrate the identity of the area;
- are usually located in a better spot than other establishments;
- only offer free breakfast – dinner is available for an additional fee.
How to take part
What could be better than traveling? Think about the places you would like to visit – get inspired by the ideas of travel bloggers or look at the lists of the most beautiful areas. Choose a hotel and enjoy great service! If you can’t leave, prepare a delicious B&B breakfast for your family, including popular dishes from your country.
When is Country Inn Bed and Breakfast Day in 2023?
Country Inn Bed and Breakfast Day is observed on October 5 each year.