Country Inn Bed & Breakfast Day is familiar to all travelers. Bed and breakfasts have become very popular lately. The date is celebrated on October 5 and welcomes everyone involved with interesting events and entertainment!
The first hotels of this type opened in the northwest of France in 1990. Favorable prices and excellent quality have become the main reasons for popularization. After a while, the idea was picked up by other European countries, now there are more than 14 of them. In July 2020 alone, there are 650 establishments! In Germany, the first hotel was opened in 1998 in Ingolstadt, the second one a year later in Genshagen. Then new cities were added: Cologne, Hannover, Leipzig, etc. In total, 153 hotels are open in the state.
Did you know that Bed & Breakfast hotels:
- compete with the most expensive hotels in terms of comfort;
- more interesting to tourists, they are often compared with museums – after all, it is easy to get acquainted with local rituals and traditions here;
- have from 2 to 5 stars;
- distinguished by comfort, a small number of rooms (maximum 20), peace and quiet;
- can offer a variety of additional services – from transfers to craft training;
- vividly demonstrate the identity of the area;
- most often they can boast of a more successful location than other establishments;
- only offer free breakfast – dinner is available for an additional fee.
How to celebrate
What could be better than travel? Think about what place you would like to visit – get inspired by the ideas of travel bloggers or look at the lists of the most beautiful areas. Choose a hotel and enjoy great service! If you can’t leave, prepare a delicious B&B breakfast for your family, including popular dishes from your country.
When is Country Inn Bed and Breakfast Day in 2022?
Country Inn Bed and Breakfast Day is observed on October 5 each year.