Back to the Future Day is celebrated on October 21 every year and invites everyone who is still waiting for their flying car to join the celebration! American science fiction film has gathered fans around the world and 400 million dollars at the box office! Marty McFly and Doc Brown are characters who could not help but be remembered.
The film gave many people an idea of what the future holds for them and what it could be. Of course, humanity has not come up with a way to travel through time, but they have created many other amazing inventions such as biometric scanners, computer tablets, virtual reality glasses, and video conferencing. The movie follows Marty as he travels through time with the help of his friend, Doc Brown’s time machine, and meets his teenage parents and changes his family for the better in the present. The holiday was first celebrated in 2011.
- October 21 is a significant day. It was on this date that the heroes from 2015 fell into 1985.
- During the school party Marty (Michael J. Fox) really plays the guitar! The scene was filmed for two weeks – the actor learned chord by chord.
- The sunglasses that Marty wears at the beginning of the film are promotional in nature – they were not mentioned again in the scenes.
- Shooting of the 2nd and 3rd parts were carried out simultaneously.
- The script has been rejected over 40 times! Few people know that in the original story, the protagonist has a chimpanzee pet, and in the first part there was supposed to be a nuclear explosion.
- The film was released 2,5 months after filming ended.
How to take part
Feel like a child – create a time capsule! Do it with the kids or friends: fill the box with memorabilia, letters, and bury it in the backyard. Review all parts of the unique film again – perhaps you missed something?
When is Back to the Future Day celebrated in 2023?
Back to the Future Day is observed on October 21 each year.