World Television Day is celebrated around the world on November 21st. The date is dedicated to a unique device that accompanies us every day! Many people cannot imagine life without it: news, favorite shows have firmly entered our lives and are not going to leave. Join today’s events to thank everyone involved in the creation of the TV!
The holiday was founded by the UN in 1997. No wonder it is celebrated to this day! The first meeting was fruitful: the participants discussed the development and importance of television in the modern world. There was a clear understanding that TV would help draw the attention of the population to topical issues, inform about threats, talk about security and many useful things.
The first electronic device was created by the American inventor Philo Taylor Farnsworth. In 1927, he introduced it to the world – the system functioned correctly, which could not but rejoice. The guy at that time was only 21 years old! The idea came to him much earlier: back in school, he thought about a mechanism that would capture images and move them using radio waves.
- In 1962, there was no choice of channels in Sweden – there was only one program. Black and white pictures were commonplace. One host of the show made the unusual claim that today televisions are switching to color mode: you just need to put a stocking on your head. He demonstrated the action on the air;
- in 1970, the recording did not exist, so the programs were shown live. The announcers’ mistakes became the property of the people;
- in Japan, the average person spends 9 hours watching TV;
- more than 25% of people watch programs on mobile devices and computers;
- people who grew up on black and white television do not see color dreams;
- housewives, when cooking and cleaning, always turn on the TV in the background.
How to celebrate
Invite friends over or have a blue screen family dinner. Remember your favorite show you watched as a child, share the name on social networks. Tell people about the holiday!
When is World Television Day celebrated in 2022?
World Television Day is observed on November 21 each year.