A holiday for those who look at the world through the lens of a camera and see beauty even in ordinary things is celebrated on World Photo Day. Photographers from all over the world share pictures that they think deserve attention from all over the world. This is an exciting day for everyone who loves looking at photos!
In 1839, the French Academy of Sciences received a patent for the daguerreotype, an early photographic process that made it possible to create an image on a sheet of copper. In 1884, the process was improved and film was used instead of copper. Already in 1888, the familiar Kodak camera was developed. Since then, art has been available to everyone!
Digital photography is now open to us, but many famous photographers use film, citing higher resolution and other reasons.
And here is what we have collected:
- the first digital camera was created in 1975;
- according to very approximate statistics, humanity takes about 1 trillion photographs per year;
- the first color photograph was taken in 1861;
- flashes during the operation of the first designs occurred due to the mixing of aluminum and potassium chloride (there were cases of explosions of the mixture);
- the oldest image is over 200 years old – the author photographed the building with an exposure of more than 8 hours.
How to celebrate
Share your World Photo Day shots with others and get credit for your creativity! You can be a simple amateur – it does not matter at all.
If you want to approach the issue professionally, contact specialists, sign up for courses and find like-minded people.
Buy books about art and study carefully – would you like to continue doing this?
When is World Photo Day celebrated in 2022?
World Photo Day is observed on August 19 each year.