World Card Making Day is a delightful holiday that allows you to express your creativity and craftsmanship to create such a memorable gift. Instead of heading off to the gift shop to purchase a postcard, why not make one yourself? This holiday takes place on the first Saturday of October every year.
The exact year postcards were invented is unknown, but their first analogues were created in the Victorian era. Historically, postcards were a popular way of sending messages and exchanging gifts between friends, family, and distant acquaintances. As technology improved, postcards became increasingly popular and collecting them became a popular hobby.
5 amazing things:
- Postcards in the past were a real curiosity and people sought to find the most beautiful and exquisite.
- Now electronic postcards are used more, but paper ones still maintain their relevance.
- Spain invented the musical postcard in 1994, which plays a pleasant melody when opened.
- Collecting postcards is the third most popular hobby in the world.
- Vintage postcards are sold at auctions and cost a lot of money.
How to take part
Making a handmade postcard is a great way to show creativity and craftsmanship. It’s a great way to show someone you care, even if there’s no specific occasion. To take part in the festivities, come up with an interesting design and write a nice wish. You can also share your creation on social media or arrange a contest! If you have children in the family, teach them the craft and share some of the historical facts about postcards.
When is World Card Making Day celebrated in 2023?
World Card Making Day is observed on the first Saturday in October each year.