Fans of chicken salad with walnut rejoice on May 17. This event is called National Walnut Day. Do not quarrel with lovers of almonds, as different types of nuts are useful in their own way. Just taste them in a good combination with various food items.
The walnut has existed for about 10 thousand years. In ancient Persian kingdoms, this was a treat for the ruling families. The trade item spread across the Middle East for centuries, and was brought to the American continent by Europeans. This holiday appeared in the middle of the last century. Dwight D. Eisenhower gave a corresponding senators’ proposal official status. Thanks to this wise decision, a wonderful holiday appeared on the calendar.
The walnut is eaten either raw or fried. You may put it in pies or cakes; it is usually baked and used in various marinades and sauces. It is also used to make caramel and butter. Try the different options and experience a bright palette of taste sensations!
- Walnut trees have been growing for 2 centuries.
- According to research, the great Renaissance artists created visual masterpieces using ink created from walnut husks.
- The shell became a natural substitute for cleaning products. It is also abrasive.
- Walnut is effective medicine: it relieves inflammation, it helps to achieve fresh breath, it gets rid of bacteria, and promotes early wound healing.
- A real storehouse of omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, and vitamin E. Walnut is useful, but should be eaten in certain amounts, otherwise the nutrients are not absorbed.
Make a festive menu of dishes that contain walnut. For example, prepare light snacks, salads, or desserts. The ingredient perfectly combines with prevailing salty or sweet flavors.
When is National Walnut Day Celebrated in 2022?
National Walnut Day is observed on May 17 each year.