National Stuffing Day is celebrated on November 21 in the USA and plays an important role for food lovers! Who among us will refuse a pie, buns, rolls … The list is endless. There is one rule – without the filling, these dishes would simply never have appeared. Join the celebration to give thanks that it exists!
What toppings do you know? It is difficult to list them all – there are a huge number of variations! This is a great field for imagination: there are no rules, you can mix different ingredients and get a stunning dish. Rice, mushrooms, bread, apples, onions, minced meat, eggs… Fragrant spices and other additives are added to the mixture. It is impossible to say exactly when people began to stuff foods. Perhaps this happened because of the economy: after the holiday there are always a lot of leftovers that can be used in the filling in one movement!
Did you know that:
- in the 2nd century BC created a recipe for stuffed rabbit. Its creator is chef Apicius;
- in ancient times, any dish was called a pie: the dough acted as a form, the filling was superimposed on top. After the meal, the dough was simply thrown away;
- the earliest recipe for stuffed pike was found in Germany, it dates back to 1350;
- the filling is a universal substance, it can be enjoyed separately, which is what many people do;
- stuffed turkey or goose is a classic US holiday dish loved by millions.
How to celebrate
Thanksgiving is coming up, so today is the time to experiment in the kitchen! Think over the festive table and create an unusual filling in some dish. Learn the recipes, prepare the ingredients and train to surprise your loved ones on National Day!
When is National Stuffing Day celebrated in 2022?
National Stuffing Day is observed on November 21 each year.