National Spicy Guacamole Day is celebrated on November 14 in the United States. The holiday is created for gourmet cuisine lovers! What aesthete would turn down delicious guacamole? Moreover, it can be used in any combination! So…. Are you with us?
Some scientists believe that guacamole originated 500 years ago in Central America. In those days, it was not yet so rich: it consisted of avocados and tomatoes. Perhaps someone added chili to it, but history is silent. The Spaniards have long had a love for the product, but then they could not grow avocados, so they could only buy it. Over time, guacamole became a favorite dish served in Texas and Mexican establishments.
In the 20th century, Mexican avocados were banned in America until the 1990s. When the restriction was lifted, the Americans exhaled – their favorite product became available at any time! Now they like to cook it for any celebrations: many cannot imagine parties without it.
Did you know that avocados:
- very useful for the body, contains fats, antioxidants, potassium;
- strengthens joints, lowers blood sugar and cholesterol levels, cleanses of toxins;
- belongs to the Laurel family;
- has more than 500 varieties;
- grows in pairs;
- has the most fashionable and “Instagram” dish – avocado toast;
- enters the Guinness Book of Records as the most nutritious fruit in the world;
- the most powerful aphrodisiac – so say the natives;
- stabilizes the nervous system, making the human mind calmer.
How to celebrate
On National Day, you just need to cook your favorite dish and invite friends for a tasting. Look at the recipes or make your own adjustments to the cooking method. Go to your favorite restaurant and order guacamole from the chef.
When is National Spicy Guacamole Day celebrated in 2022?
National Spicy Guacamole Day is observed on November 14 each year.