National Fluffernutter Day is a wonderful holiday dedicated to a delicious treat! Who doesn’t love a sweet sandwich made of white bread, peanut butter and marshmallow fluff? We are sure that there are no such people here. Therefore, on October 8, we invite you to the table!
It is not known for certain in what years the sandwich appeared. There is an assumption that it was created by Amory and Emma Curtis from Massachusetts. In 1913, they came up with the familiar marshmallow cream, and during the war they published the recipe, calling it the Liberty Sandwich. People really liked the delicacy! The children especially appreciated the sandwich. Interestingly, in 2006, the state assembly made a proposal to make the sandwich an official property of Massachusetts, but no one supported the idea.
Notably, in 1917, Archibald Curie also invented marshmallow cream. He sold the recipe to Durkee-Mower, which instantly became famous! The demand for sweetness grew, the organization even released a cookbook, the recipes of which were intertwined with marshmallows. In 2006, the first down festival was held and united all its admirers.
Did you know that marshmallows:
- has medicinal properties – soothes sore throat with angina, lowers cholesterol in the blood;
- strengthens skin and nails;
- you can “revive” if it dries. It is enough to put it in cream or hold it over steam for a few minutes;
- according to statistics, most people buy in the summer;
- instantly absorbs odors due to the porous structure;
- approved by nutritionists – its calorie content is not terrible for those who follow the figure. Of course, everywhere you need to know the measure.
How to celebrate
Making real homemade marshmallows is easy if you find a good recipe. Do not be discouraged if it does not work out the first time – cooking requires patience and 100% compliance with the rules. Treat your neighbors, friends and acquaintances with your creation. Don’t forget to take a photo of the dessert and share it on social media.
When is National Fluffernutter Day celebrated in 2022?
National Fluffernutter Day is observed on October 8 each year.