World Computer Literacy Day is celebrated on December 2nd to recognize the importance of computers and the need for global computer literacy. Computers help us to organize information, develop production, and solve everyday issues, as well as provide entertainment. Computers offer us a variety of benefits, but unfortunately, many parts of the world still lack access to these technologies, such as Africa and South Asia.
World Computer Literacy Day was founded in 2001 by the Indian skills development company NIIT. This day was created to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of the organization and it stands for global literacy. The company was motivated to create this day when they noticed that computers were mostly used by men.
- Computer literacy can make our lives easier, even with everyday tasks such as ordering groceries online instead of having to go to the store.
- Students can use search engines to quickly find the information they need.
- Proper use of a computer can help prevent the loss of important documents and photos.
- Computer literacy should also include knowledge of online security to protect against scammers.
- Digital etiquette is also an important skill.
How to take part
You can participate in World Computer Literacy Day by using the computer and taking note of the processes you completed today. You can also teach someone to use it – a relative, an acquaintance, or a friend. You can also answer any questions they may have and stay in touch if they have any issues. Lastly, you can also participate in charity – find an organization dedicated to education and offer your help.
When is World Computer Literacy Day celebrated in 2023?
World Computer Literacy Day is observed on December 2 each year.