World Computer Literacy Day is celebrated on December 2nd. Computers have firmly entered our lives: they help organize information, develop production, and solve many everyday issues. Entertainment is also included in this list. A smart machine can do a lot, so it will be interesting for everyone to learn how to work on it!
Once statistics showed that computers are mostly used by men. The Indian skills development company NIIT became interested in this issue and decided to focus on training women and children. The holiday was founded in 2001 in honor of the twentieth anniversary of the organization and stands for global literacy!
Computers give us a lot: we can watch the whole world through online cameras, call our loved ones via video link, being on different parts of the planet, receive distance education, read literature, watch movies, work… Unfortunately, such benefits are not available in less accessible countries such as Africa, South Asia, there is a digital divide.
It is noteworthy that:
- computer literacy contributes to a more comfortable life. This applies even to household chores: for example, ordering groceries at home instead of tiring trips to supermarkets;
- students who own search engines will find the information they need in a few minutes;
- with proper use of a PC, a person will not lose important data: documents, memorable photos;
- literacy also concerns opposition from Internet scammers – there are a lot of intruders on the network;
- digital etiquette is also on the important list of skills.
How to celebrate
Use the computer and once again note what important processes it helped to complete today. Teach someone to use it – a relative, an acquaintance, a friend. Answer questions and promise to be in touch if problems arise. Participate in charity: find an organization dedicated to education, offer your help.
When is World Computer Literacy Day celebrated in 2022?
World Computer Literacy Day is observed on December 2 each year.