National Philanthropy Day is celebrated on November 15 in the United States. This is an important holiday aimed at good! It can manifest itself in everything: charity, volunteering, occasional help to one’s neighbor… Can you imagine the world without it?
National Day was founded by President Ronald Reagan in 1986, but the concept was invented long before that. American historian Douglas Southall Freeman is considered the father of the idea. Since then, it has been celebrated not only in America, but also in other countries. “Love of mankind” is indestructible! Especially if we get together and do good deeds.
Philanthropy literally translates as “philanthropy.” In the modern concept, this is gratuitous help. It manifests itself in relation to athletes, organizations, poor people, artists, children’s institutions … The list is endless.
Did you know that:
- Australia is the most generous country in the world. Next on the list is the USA, Ireland, New Zealand, Canada;
- America’s largest donation, $37 billion. It was produced by an American entrepreneur in 2010;
- when Aguilera got married, she asked the guests not to give gifts and money, instead, send these funds to the funds affected by hurricanes Rita and Katrina.
- Albert Einstein, while traveling to America, asked for payment for autographs. Moreover, the simplest painting cost 1 dollar, and with wishes 5;
- Elizabeth Taylor auctioned a ring donated by Richard Burton to raise money for the fight against AIDS.
How to celebrate
Today, no good deed will go unnoticed. Offer your help to anyone who needs it. Try yourself as a volunteer. Share information about the holiday on social networks, donate the amount to charity.
When is National Philanthropy Day celebrated in 2022?
National Philanthropy Day is observed on November 15 each year.