National Fast-Food Day is celebrated on November 16 in America, and it’s the perfect day to indulge in all the delicious fast food your stomach and mind have been craving! Burgers, fries, pizza, nuggets, and sodas are just some of the yummy treats available. Although it may not be the healthiest meal, it’s a great way to relax and enjoy a special occasion.
The popularity of fast food began to rise after the First World War as cars became more common and people needed convenient meals on the go. White Castle, America’s first hamburger chain, opened in 1921, but it wasn’t until 1950 that the fast-food industry really began to boom. Nowadays, fast food can be found all around the world.
- In the United States, the advertising budget for fast food restaurants is a whopping $33 billion.
- 90% of children in the United States visit McDonald’s every month.
- In Australia, 2 out of every 3 people are overweight.
- French fries are one of the most popular items on the menu.
- Restaurants often make more money from selling soda than from selling high-calorie foods.
- One of the most expensive burgers is sold in Las Vegas for $120.
- Eating too much fast food can lead to obesity and other health problems.
- Fast food is not as popular in Italy, where people prefer to frequent pizzerias and trattorias.
How to take part
On National Fast-Food Day, treat yourself to all the tasty snacks you’ve been dreaming of! Get together with friends and enjoy some fried wings, a big burger, cheese sauce, and potatoes. Wash it all down with a cold cola and you’ll have a great time celebrating!
When is National Fast Food Day celebrated in 2023?
National Fast Food Day is observed on November 16 each year.