National Christmas Movie Marathon Day is the brightest day of the year: today we create a Christmas mood for ourselves. How many films of this theme do you know? Dozens, hundreds? It’s a great time to start watching!
We all love films with the spirit of Christmas. These movies are usually magical and colourful, with happy endings. They remind us of childhood, when we rushed into a room and saw gifts under the tree. Our souls are filled with peace and gratitude when we watch them. We could mention some of the most popular ones, such as “Home Alone”, “Harry Potter”, “Gremlins”, “Bridget Jones” and “The Holiday”. However, there are an infinite number of movies – choose your favourites on National Day!
The first Christmas movie was released in 1897. It was a selection of short films entitled “Night Before Christmas” and “Santa Claus Filling”. These were black and white, yet many people still love them.
Here are some things you need to know about “Home Alone”:
- In the episode when Kevin enters the posh hotel The Plaza, he runs into Donald Trump, who at that time was the real owner.
- The main role was written specifically for Macaulay Culkin, but the director still looked at more than 100 children during auditions, and none could do the job better.
- A character named Fuller is Macaulay’s real-life brother.
- The map of the defence plan was actually drawn by the actor.
- Based on the movie, board and computer games were created.
How to take part
National Christmas Movie Marathon Day is the perfect time to relax, get comfortable under a blanket, turn on some good movies and enjoy. Get some snacks, order pizza and delicious drinks, and invite your loved ones to watch with you. Don’t forget to post your selection of movies on social media – these are definitely worth seeing!
When is National Christmas Movie Marathon Day celebrated in 2023?
National Christmas Movie Marathon Day is observed on December 23 each year.