Better Breakfast Month is the time to rethink your eating habits and consider healthy and tasty breakfasts for the whole family. Nutritionists call breakfast the most important meal of the day, because it helps to control body weight, mood, and performance. Why September? In fall, children return to school, and the topic of proper nutrition becomes relevant again. Eating a balanced, healthy breakfast gives your body and brain the energy it needs.
Already during the First World War, the US government strongly encouraged citizens to pay special attention to breakfast. The first meal should be healthy, tasty, and balanced. Then the program again became popular during the Second World War. In the middle of the last century, the Cereal Institute founded Better Breakfast Month. The event was first celebrated in 1951. In addition, scientists of the institute conducted studies that proved the importance of the first meal.
- Statistically, children who eat breakfast perform better in school and are more disciplined.
- Breakfast is a great opportunity to get together with the whole family and discuss plans for the day.
- The most popular breakfast in America is cereal with milk.
- For a long time, eggs were considered harmful, but recent studies have shown that they contain many vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to the body.
- Breakfast should be balanced, containing proteins, fats, carbohydrates, and dairy.
- The largest breakfast was made in Germany in 2005, with 28 people taking part.
- Healthy breakfast ideas include whole grain muffins, eggs, low fat cheese, bananas, parfait, yogurt, and muesli.
How to take part
First, think over the menu for healthy breakfasts, watch nutritional videos, analyze the tastes of all family members, and coordinate the diet. Involve children in making breakfast. It brings everyone together. Get nutrition training and create your breakfast plan for the month.
When is Better Breakfast Month celebrated in 2022?
Better Breakfast Month is observed on September 1 each year.