Wear Brown Shoes Day is celebrated on December 4th in the United States – a day dedicated to all those who appreciate the timeless elegance of the brown shoe. Brown shoes were once considered not prestigious, but thankfully, those days are over, and now we can be proud to wear this color!
It is not known who created the holiday, but it’s clear they had an eye for fashion, and wanted to spread the love for the color brown. It is said that people wearing mustard shoes are brave, reliable, and self-confident. So go ahead and give it a try – brown shoes are versatile, easy to combine with outerwear and make a statement.
- Models with an open nose became popular in the 30s, when people began to sunbathe in the sun and considered dark skin to be fashionable.
- The boots that Neil Armstrong wore to the moon are still flying in space, it remains to be seen how far they got.
- Jimmy Choo, a designer from Malaysia, created his shoes when he was just 11 years old.
- In Spain, researchers found cave paintings of shoes – the picture spread all over the world, and are said to have been drawn 15 thousand years ago.
- Louboutins, so loved by the fair sex, have a red sole – initially painted with nail polish.
- Most shoe production is concentrated in Italy.
How to take part
Even if you’re not a fan of brown shoes, why not give them a try? Go to the store and try a pair on. On Wear Brown Shoes Day, it’s time to change and try new looks. Or, if you know someone who loves the color brown, give them a pair of shoes as a present – it’s always a good idea!
When is Wear Brown Shoes Day celebrated in 2023?
Wear Brown Shoes Day is observed on December 4 each year.