National Love Your Red Hair is a wonderful, vibrant holiday that is celebrated every year on November 5th. No matter what shade of red you have – fiery, strawberry-blond, burgundy – this is your day, your event. It is believed that people with red hair are special. This is the rarest shade of curls, so such people deserve a personal holiday.
According to statistics, only 2% of the world’s population is red-haired, the largest concentration of such people in Northern as well as North-Western Europe. It is believed that the red hue gives the character a temper, passion. Despite the fact that the number of such bright personalities is small, they were able to organize their own culture and develop it. The first redhead festival was held in the Netherlands in 2005 and is attended by residents from 80 countries.
National Love Your Red Hair was founded in 2015 by two red-haired women, Stephanie and Adrienne Vendetti, who founded the How to Be a Redhead website. They came up with a holiday when redheads could love themselves, accept their hair color. However, today the holiday has become so widespread that its founders call on all women to join it.
- The country where the largest number of redheads lives is Ireland, the Irish are even called the red population.
- The most famous red-haired man in the world is Prince Harry, he is called the Saffron Prince.
- Red hair is found in all ethnic groups.
- For a child to be born red, two parents must have the red gene.
- Redheads have very white skin, because only they have a special substance in their melanin – pheomelanin, it accelerates tanning, which is why such people quickly burn in the sun.
How to celebrate
Go to a photo shoot and post some pictures on social media. Believe me, red hair is bright, cool and attracts attention. Change your style and dye your hair red. Organize a party dedicated to redheads.
When is National Love Your Red Hair celebrated in 2022?
National Love Your Red Hair is observed on November 5 each year.